When you are planning a vacation and going to book any type of Holiday package with any trekking / travel agency there is certain things one needs to know about the company you choose to travel with. Is the company a genuine company or registered to government authorities? Are they financially secured? Is the company has insured staff against accidents? Is the company environmentally conscious?
There may be found many companies running business without observing legal formalities of the country. Also, some companies whose licenses have already been expired but running business illegally.
Additionally, it has been found that some of our tour operators abroad have been involved in directly operating tours and trekking without the required governmental licenses and without paying the appropriate taxes similarly many individuals & freelancers have been found operated a trekking illegally by creating their own personal website or by contacting personally.
Finally, if you book your trip with an unauthorized agency in Nepal or aboard, you will be troubled and can have a lot of risks there is a big risk that problems will occur during the course of your time in Nepal. In order to protect yourself from these problems you are kindly requested to check the company before booking any trip so that you can make your Holiday more enjoyable and memorable.
01. Always use a reputable trekking company as there have been reports of rogue guides robbing trekkers in remote areas.
02.Take a guide and ensure that your trekking guide or company is registered with the Trekking Agency Association of Nepal.
03. Ensure that your trekking guide or company has registered your trek with the Trekkers Information Management System (TIMS)
04. Never trek alone.
05. Make sure someone at home has a copy of your itinerary and contact details of your travel agent.
06. If your plans change call or email home to let people know you are all right.
07. Never venture from your planned route or itinerary without advising leaving someone a message to tell them what you plan.
Note: Following these simple procedures ensures that Holiday in Nepal will be a safer and rewarding experience. Making family and friends aware of the itinerary prevents undue worry especially when traveling in such a remote part of the world.