Highlights of the Treks
- Remote trek around the Kanchenjunga.
- World’s best tea house trek to Kanchenjunga
- Breathtaking views of the mount Kanchenjunga
- Great combination of Limbu and Tibetans culture
Kanchenjunga Circuit Trek offers awe-inspiring Tea house trekking holidays dominating around the world’s third highest mount Kangchenjunga in Nepal.Visit Himalaya Treks offer 23 days tea house trek along the Kanchenjunga Circuit visiting Kanchenjunga North and Sough Base Camp via Sele la, Mirgin la pass to Ramche.
Kanchenjunga Circuit trek Highlights
- Trekking to pure wilderness and remote treks to world’s third highest Mt. Kanchenjunga.
- World’s best tea house trek leads to Kanchenjunga north and south base camp.
- Great combination of the Limbu culture in lower valley and Tibetans culture in upper valley.
- Breathtaking views of the mount Kanchenjunga, Jannu, Gimmigela, Kabru, Rathong and kokthang Himalayan peaks.
Kanchenjunga Circuit Trek is one of the outstanding trekking destinations located far east of Nepal on the boarder of Nepal, Tibet and India. Mount Kangchenjunga means “The Five Treasure of Snow”. Kanchenjunga Trek is less travelled area comparing with other popular trekking destinations as like Everest and Annapurna. Visit Himalaya Treks offers 23 days tea house trekking to Kanchenjunga Circuit.
The thrilling trek to Kanchenjunga Circuit originate from Taplejung further it continue toward Lelep, Gyapla, Fale, Ghunsa, Khambachen, Lhonak and finally at the Kanchenjunga north Base Camp (Pangpema). During our trekking to Kanchenjunga Circuit will see wild range of scenery from the lush, tropical Jungle through to Rhododendron and Oak forest and at higher elevation into the alpine zone. Another attraction segment is rich of Nepalese culture and life style from the Limbus in lower valley and Tibetans Buddhist villages are in the higher part of the valley. Remarkable Himalayan views are just standing next to us like Jannu Himal (7711 meters), Gimmigela (6415 meters), Wedge Peak (6802 meters), Nepal Peak (7177 meters) Kirat Chuli (7362 meters) and Kanchenjunga North Base Camp itself.
Kanchenjunga Circuit tea house trek route;
We will follow the Kanchenjunga North Base Camp and returning to Ghunsa following the same route we walked earlier our Kanchenjunga Circuit trek begin over the Sele La pass (4290 meters), Mirginla Pass (4480 meters) and Sinelapcha Pass 4646 meters toward to Tseram, the Yak grazing land Ramche finally Kanchenjunga south base camp. Hike to Oktang view point from Ramche is another high light of the trip, Impressive views of Kanchenjunga south face can be visible from the Oktang view point. Similarly Kabru, Rathong and kokthang.
Accommodation available during the Kanchenjunga Circuit Trek
Trekking to Kanchenjunga Circuit is not requiring fully Camping arrangements for the small group. Basic Tea houses are available along the entire route and Visit Himalaya Treks design the Kanchenjunga Circuit tea house Trek itinerary to meet small group’s requirements. Also Kanchenjunga Tea house trek in shorter then Camping Trek.
Kanchenjunga Circuit Trekking Permits and Cost details;
Kanchenjunga Circuit Trek is located in the Kanchenjunga National park and it is restricted area as well, we will require Kanchenjunga restricted area entry permits and Kanchenjunga Conservation entry permits including TIMS Card as well. Kanchenjunga restricted area entry permits cost USD 10 per person per week. 2 to 3 weeks valid Kanchenjunga restricted area entry permits is fairly covered the Kanchenjunga Circuit Trek. Kanchenjunga conservation entry permits cost USD 20 per person and TIMS Card will cost USD 10 per person. Trekking to Kanchenjunga required minimum 2 travellers and Guide is mandatory for this trek, and trekkers has to be trek in restricted trekking destination with Nepal Government authorizes operators. Visit Himalaya Treks Offers Kanchenjunga Tea house Trek and also full wilderness camping trek to Kanchenjunga Base Camp with full of supporters’ team.
- Day 01: Arrive in Kathmandu (1350 meters)
upon arrive in Kathmandu airport our airport representative will receive you and transfer to Hotel stay overnight at Kathmandu. Breakfast Included.
- Day 02: Sightseeing in Kathmandu.
Sightseeing in Kathmandu and trek preparation.
- Day 03: Flight to Bhadrapur and drive to Kanyam.
We will take flight to Bhadrapur hot and humid Bhadrapur near India Boarder and drive to Kanyam nice and peaceful tea garden stay overnight at Guest House.
- Day 04: Drive to Taplejung and continue to Chiruwa 1185 meters.
Drive toward eastern high way to Taplejung and after Taplejung recently build dirt road to Chiruwa via mitlung and Tawa village about 7 hours stay overnight at Tea house.
- Day 05: Trek to Sekathum (1650 meters)
Trek from Chiruwa passing through Tapethok lovely rice field ; from Tapethok restricted area is start following the Ghunsa Khola lead us the Sekatham via Lelep stay overnight at Sekathum. (About 6 hours walk)
- Day 06: Trek to Gyabla (kyapra) 2730 meters.
The track passes through a series of waterfalls which makes the track slippery in places following continue Ghunsa Khola. A cultural change occurs and locals start to be more Buddhist. You begin seeing yaks, the symbols of the high Himalaya stay overnight at Tea House. (About 8 hours walk)
- Day 07: Trek Ghunsa (3595 meters)
Trek lead us along the Ghunsa Khola; deep valley becomes more open appearing lovely Tibetans village Phale. Continue walking through the rhododendrons forest lead us Ghunsa village is like the capital of Kanchenjunga. It’s a large Sherpa village, with a very old monastery stay overnight at tea house. (About 6 hours walk)
- Day 08: Trek to Khangpachen (Khambachen) 4050 meters.
Walking continue through the excellent open pine forest lead us Rambuk Kharka. Now we cross several wooden bridges and a section prone to landslides which can alter the trail. Pack lunch is requiring because between Ghunsa and Khambachen not any tea house available; stay overnight at tea house. (About 6 hours walk)
- Day 09: Acclimatization day at Khangpachen (Khambachen) 4050 meters.
One of the memorable day entire trekking to Kanchenjunga trek making side trip to Janu Himal base camp. Janu Himal is known by Kumbhakarna attractive snow caped Himalayan peak in the Kanchenjunga region of Nepal.
- Day 10: Trek to Lhonak (4780 meters)
We trek up a wide valley next to the glacier with excellent views on both sides. The trail becomes rough with large boulders and accommodation in Lhonak is basic but views are great and a large grassy plain for camping stay overnight at Tea house. (About 5 hours trek)
- Day 11: Side trip to Pangpema(5143 meters) and back to Lhonak
Accommodation at the teahouse in Pangpema is not available and mostly tea house/ lodge base trek makes day hikes to Pangpema from Lhonak. Trekking through the side of Kanchenjunga Glacier lead us to Pangpema (5143 meters) also known by Kanchenjunga noth base camp. Exploring around and capturing Images of Kanchenjunga back to Lhonak following the same trail we walk earlier stay overnight at Tea house. (About 7 hours walk)
- Day 12: Trek back to Ghunsa.
We trek back to Ghunsa taking same trail we walked up earlier day stay overnight at Ghunsa. (About 7 hours walk)
- Day 13: Trek to Sele La (4290 meters)
Our trek begins to direction of Kanchenjunga south base camp, In Sele La there is only very basic tea house or better word to say hut. Many trekkers have spotted snow leopards in this section of the Kanchenjunga Circuit Trek stay overnight at tea house. (About 4 hours trek)
- Day 14: Trek to Cheram (Tseram ) 3870 meters.
From the top of the Sinion la pass (4440 meters) in the clear weather we can see the Mount Makalu and Everest view. Leaving behind Ghunsa valley continues toward to south side via middle pass Mirginla La 4480 meters continue over Sinelapche Bhanjyang 4646 meters highest pass. There is no teahouse in between Sele Le to Cheram, so a packed lunch is needed. From the Last pass Sinepalche trail lead steep downhill to Tseram stay overnight at Tea house. (About 8 hours trek)
- Day 15: Trek to Ramche (4580 meters)
Trek toward to Ramche about 4 hours gently climbing up hill. Basic Accommodation is available at Ramche. If weather is clear hike up to Oktang view point 4730 meters for view for Kanchenjunga south stay overnight at Ramche.
- Day 16: Trek to Cheram (Tseram).
Morning hike up to Oktang view point for Kanchenjunga south view. After enjoying views of the majestic Kanchenjunga peak; back to Ramche and have lunch. After lunch trek back to Cheram (Tseram) stay overnight at tea house. (About 5 hours walk)
- Day 17: Trek Tortong (2995 meters)
Leaving behind green clean valley Cheram, today late breakfast in Tseram and trek down to Tortong following simbu Khola overnight at tea house. (About 4 hours walk)
- Day 18: Trek to Sherpaguan / Yamphuding (2080 meters)
A little tough with frequent accents and descents. Yamphuding is the biggest village on the south side of Kanchenjunga, Kanchenjunga restricted area is end here in Yamphuding stay overnight at Tea house. (About 9 hours walk)
- Day 19: Trek to Khebang (1910 meters)
Trail descent through the forest, cardamom field and through the Limbu village lead us to Khebang village stay overnight at tea house. (About 6 hours trek)
- Day 20: Trek to Sinam (1200 meters)
Walking through the beautiful local village and cardamom field lead us to Pedang. Following the Kabeli Khola finally lead us to Sinam village and dirt road connected in this hilly region and from here we will drive our way to Bhadrapur next morning stay overnight at Sinam (about 6 hours trek)
- Day 21: Drive to Kanyam.
Drive back to Kanyam stay overnight at tea house in beautiful tea garden in Nepal.
- Day 22: Drive to Bhadrapur and flight to Kathmandu
Drive to Bhadrapur and flight to Kathmandu, transfer to Hotel stay overnight at Hotel Kathmandu.
- Day 23: Departure
A representative from Visit Himalaya Treks Pvt. Ltd. will check your flight tickets and transfer you to the airport before two hours from your flight with a hope of seeing you again in the future.
- Arrivals and departure transport by car (We will collect you from the Kathmandu international airport) and transfer to Hotel.
- Half day sightseeing in Kathmandu (Boudhanath and Pasupatinath) with city guide and necessary transport.
- 3 nights’ accommodation (2 persons per room) in Kathmandu in a 3* standard Hotel with breakfast.
- Kathmandu - Bhadrapur - Kathmandu airfare including airport taxes.
- Bhadrapur – Taplejung – Chiruwa & Sinam – Bhadrapur Land transport by Private Jeep.
- Tea house accommodation while on trek including all meal (Breakfast, Lunch, dinner, Tea coffee) Experience Guide including his accommodation, food, Salary & insurance,
- Porter to carry your luggage on treks (Per person 15 kilogram luggage) (1 porter for 2 members)
- Kanchenjunga restricted area entry permits, Kanchenjunga conservation entry permits & TIMS.
- All necessary local land transport by private Car, Van, Hice and Bus.
- Government taxes and Service charges.
- Nepal entry Visa Fee.
- Personal Travel Insurance (Compulsory).
- Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu.
- Entry fee at the sightseeing sites.
- Personal expenses like beverages (mineral water, alcohol, soft drinks), telephone bills, laundry, bar bills, personal tips for Guide, Porter and driver.
Visit Himalaya Treks has always been keen about safety on the journey. We have prepared Trekking Equipment List which the trekkers will need during their trek in Nepal. The following list should help you with your packing. Generally, you should always try to keep the weight of your equipment to a minimum. The weight of your trek bag while trekking should be no more than 15 KG. You must bring the following items:
Hiking boots, Trekking Socks
Waterproof (trousers / jacket)
Base layer shirts
Sunhat and Woolen hat
Sun protection (including total bloc for lips)
Head torch (spare bulb and batteries)
Water bottles 1 Litres
Antibacterial hand wash
Daypack (25-30 Liters)
Sleeping bag 4 or 5 season (up to – 20ºC)
Personal First Aid Kit
Small, personal first-aid kit. (Simple and light)
Aspirin, first-aid tape, and plasters (Band-Aids)
1 skin-blister repair kit
Cough and/or cold medicine
Anti-altitude sickness pills: Diamox or Acetylzolamide
Stomach antibiotic: Ciprofloxacin, etc. Do not bring sleeping pills as they are a respiratory depressant.
Water purification tablets or water filter
1 set of earplugs
Extra pair of prescription glasses, contact lens supplies.
Note: Walking pole, down jacket, sleeping bag etc are available on hire in Kathmandu.
Dates and Price
|Start Date||End Date||Availability||Price||Booking|
|Mar 04,2018||Mar 26,2018||Available||$2260||Book Now|
|Mar 11,2018||Apr 02,2018||Available||$2260||Book Now|
|Mar 19,2018||Apr 10,2018||Available||$2260||Book Now|
|Mar 27,2018||Apr 18,2018||Available||$2260||Book Now|
|Apr 03,2018||Apr 25,2018||Available||$2260||Book Now|
|Apr 10,2018||May 02,2018||Available||$2260||Book Now|
|Apr 18,2018||May 10,2018||Available||$2260||Book Now|
|Apr 26,2018||May 18,2018||Available||$2260||Book Now|
|May 03,2018||May 25,2018||Available||$2260||Book Now|
|May 10,2018||Jun 01,2018||Available||$2260||Book Now|
|Sep 24,2018||Oct 16,2018||Available||$2260||Book Now|
|Oct 02,2018||Oct 24,2018||Available||$2260||Book Now|
|Oct 10,2018||Nov 01,2018||Available||$2260||Book Now|
|Oct 18,2018||Nov 09,2018||Available||$2260||Book Now|
|Oct 25,2018||Nov 16,2018||Available||$2260||Book Now|
|Nov 06,2018||Nov 28,2018||Available||$2260||Book Now|
|Nov 13,2018||Dec 05,2018||Available||$2260||Book Now|
|Nov 18,2018||Dec 10,2018||Available||$2260||Book Now|
Note: Contact us if the departure dates doesn't suit you. We can also arrange you a personalized trek according to your convenience. For more details, Contact Us
Note: Contact us if the departure dates doesn't suite you. We can also arrange you a personalized trek according to your convenience. For more details, Contact Us
OUR COMMUNITY & SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY
Save Rural Nepal is Non-Governmental Organization without profit, funded by individuals across the globe, contributing positively to the societies that make up rural Nepal. We take a holistic approach to uplift communities where they need help; we take action through specific projects that involve earthquake recovery, children welfare & schools, skill building opportunities for women, and environmental awareness.
Read More About: Save Rural Nepal
Why Travel with Visit Himalaya Treks?
- Travel with Confidence with us.
- Team of destinations Experts.
- Over 60 % Repeat Customers, No any hidden cost.
- Customer Satisfaction, & 24 hours back support.
- Customized, Tailor-made itinerary & Price.
- Your safety is our concern.
- Booking & Payment Condition.