Highlights of the Treks
- Cultural treks through the Tamang villages.
- Breathtaking views of the Ganesh and Langtang.
- In short time experience local life, their cultures.
- Rich architecture mountain houses & monasteries
Tamang Heritage Trek is a cultural trek through Tamang villages in Langtang with beautiful panoramas of Ganesh and Langtang Range. The verdant midland villages of Nepal, beautiful mountains and the culture of the people who live here are on show in Tamang Heritage Trek. The trail passes through the traditional Tamang village where their culture (here, they are from Tibetan origin which is totally different to Tamang from any where else in Nepal) have been remained unchanged since the beginning of the human settlement. Warm and welcoming hosted locals, their elaborate costumes, rich architecture of their mountain houses, the ancient monasteries and places of prayer makes you feel really different during this trek. In addition, this does not only provide the cultural experience but also offers beautiful landscapes of alpine terrain, flat meadows, and rhododendron forests.
Tamang Heritage Trek starts from Gatlang and visits Chilime, Thuman, Timure and Briddim. The trail may end back at Syabrubesi or follow Langtang trek from Briddim village via Khamjim. One can visit a Tamang monastery and the beautiful Parvati Kunda (Kunda means a holy lake) at Gatlang. Goljung has an ancient monastery, the oldest one in Tamang Heritage Trek. From the viewpoint at Bahundanda, one can see a panorama of Langtang (7227 meters), Ganesh Himal (7422 meters) and Sanjen Himal Ranges. Bathing in the hot, healing waters of the natural spring at Tatopani en route from Gatlang to Chilime is another highlight of Tamang Heritage Trek.
- Day 01: Arrive in Kathmandu (1335 meters).
A representative from Visit Himalaya Treks with the company’s display board will greet you outside the arrival terminal and transfer you to your Hotel. The trek leader will meet the group for a meeting and provide a detailed briefing on the trek. All the required information regarding the trek would be provided. (Overnight at Hotel)
- Day 02: Drive to Gatlang (2338 meters).
After breakfast, a private vehicle (car/bus) will pick you at your hotel. A long drive via Dhunche leads to Syabru Besi. After Syabru Besi, a couple hours of rough ride on the secondary road finally ends a long a long day's drive at Gatlang.(10 hours drive) (Overnight at Teahouse. Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner included)
- Day 03: Trek to Tatopani (2600 meters) .
The trail continues to descend down to the river and reaches the village of Chilime. A steep ascend follows for the rest of the day and only ends at Tatopani. The day is also the longest day of the trek. (7 hours) (Overnight at Community Lodge. Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner included)
- Day 04: Trek to Thuman (2338 meters) .
Another steep ascend starts the day and continues to climb uphill for most of the day. The trek passes Bhrimdang Village and reaches the Nagthali Danda. The long climb is rewarded with fine views of mountain panorama at the top. A descend in the afternoon ends at Thuman Village. (5 hours) (Overnight at Community Lodge. Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner included)
- Day 05: Trek to Timure (1762 meters) .
The trek again continues to descend and loses elevation for most of the day. The trail meets and continues on the old Tibetan trade route on the day and ends at Timure. (5 hours) (Overnight at Community Lodge. Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner included)
- Day 06: Trek to Briddim (2229 meters) .
The trek again continues to descend and loses elevation for most of the day. The trail meets and continues on the old Tibetan trade route on the day and ends at Timure. (5-6 hours) (Overnight at Community Lodge. Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner included)
- Day 07: Trek back to Syabru Besi (1460 meters) .
The final day of the trek is a short trek back to Syabru Besi. A long descend via Wangel leads us back to the starting point of the trek, Syabru Besi and thus finally ends the wonderful trek. (4 hours) (Overnight at Teahouse. Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner included)
- Day 08: Drive back to Kathmandu .
After breakfast, a private vehicle (car/bus) will again pick you at your Teahouse. We drive back to Kathmandu. (7-8 hours drive) (Overnight at Hotel. Breakfast included)
- Day 09: Sightseeing at Kathmandu .
A half day guided tour to several of historical and spiritual attractions enlisted under the World Heritage Sites. (Overnight at Hotel. Breakfast included)
- Day 10: Departure .
A representative from Visit Himalaya Treks Pvt. Ltd. will check your flight tickets and transfer you to the airport before two hours from your flight with a hope of seeing you again in the future. (Breakfast included)
ITINERARY CAN BE CUSTOMIZED AT YOUR REQUESTS ACCORDING TO YOUR CONVENIENCE .
- Arrivals and departure transport by car (We will collect you from the Kathmandu international airport) and transfer to Hotel.
- Half day sightseeing in Kathmandu (Boudhanath and Pasupatinath) with city guide and necessary transport.
- 3 nights accommodation (2 persons per room) in Kathmandu in a 3* standard Hotel with breakfast.
- All land transportations (a private car/bus).
- Accommodation and all meals (breakfast, lunch, dinner) while on trek in normal teahouses.
- Salary, insurance, food, accommodation for guides and porters.
- A porter to carry your luggage on treks (Per person 15 kilogram luggage).
- National Park entry fee and Trekkers Information Management System (TIMS).
- Group First Aid Kit.
- Government taxes and service charges.
- Nepal entry Visa Fee.
- Personal Travel Insurance (Compulsory).
- Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu.
- Entry fee at the sightseeing sites.
- Personal expenses like beverages (mineral water, alcohol, soft drinks), telephone bills, laundry, bar bills, personal tips etc.
The following checklist should help you with your packing. As a general rule, you should always try to keep the weight of your equipment to a minimum. The packed weight of your trek bag while trekking should be no more than 15 KG.
Trekking trousers / pants.
Waterproof overtrousers / rainpants.
Casual shirt and/or T-shirts.
Fleece jacket or warm jumper/sweater.
Warm and waterproof over gloves or mittens.
Head torch/Headlamp with spare bulb and batteries.
Sun protection (including total bloc for lips, nose etc).
Water bottles 1 L.
Sleeping bag 4 or 5 season * (rated down to – 20ºC).
Warm jacket (down)*.
Small, personal first-aid kit. (Simple and light)
Aspirin, first-aid tape, and plasters (Band-Aids)
1 skin-blister repair kit
Cough and/or cold medicine
Anti-altitude sickness pills: Diamox or Acetylzolamide
Stomach antibiotic: Ciprofloxacin, etc. Do not bring sleeping pills as they are a respiratory depressant.
Water purification tablets or water filter
1 set of earplugs
Extra pair of prescription glasses, contact lens supplies.
Note: Walking pole, down jacket, sleeping bag, etc available on hire in Kathmandu or request we will provide it.
Trip cost will be very depending on numbers of travelers, duration of days, stander of hotel in Kathmandu before and after the trip, please contact us to GET a quote.
OUR COMMUNITY & SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY
Save Rural Nepal is Non-Governmental Organization without profit, funded by individuals across the globe, contributing positively to the societies that make up rural Nepal. We take a holistic approach to uplift communities where they need help; we take action through specific projects that involve earthquake recovery, children welfare & schools, skill building opportunities for women, and environmental awareness.
Read More About: Save Rural Nepal
Why Travel with Visit Himalaya Treks?
- Travel with Confidence with us.
- Team of destinations Experts.
- Over 60 % Repeat Customers, No any hidden cost.
- Customer Satisfaction, & 24 hours back support.
- Customized, Tailor-made itinerary & Price.
- Your safety is our concern.
- Booking & Payment Condition.