Highlights of the Treks
- Trekking in Popular Annapurna Region of Nepal
- Breathtaking Annapurna view from Pisang Peak
- Crossing high Pass Thorung La Pass (5416m)
- Visit Holy Pilgrims site of Muktinath Temple
Pisang Peak climbing trip is popular and most sought trekking peak in Annapurna region that providing fascinating Himalayan views of Annapurna.
Pisang Peak (6,091m) is one of popular and most sought trekking peaks in Annapurna region of Nepal. The western flank of the peak is protected by a hanging icy mass and offers adventurous challenge. The western section of the ridge consists huge rock slabs making very arduous to climb. Trekkers with basic climbing experience can join in the classic Annapurna circuit trek with Pisang Peak climbing to experience the ultimate adventure in true Himalaya of Nepal.
Pisang Peak lies above the Pisang village and yak pasture in the area of ice and snow to the final summit pyramid. Pisang Peak is considered as one of easiest peak to climb among other trekking peaks in Nepal. The trail follows the spare wood and pasture at Kharka at, 4,420m, which is known as the best site for setting up the base camp. High camp is covered with snow from the end of November to the end of March and the further high ridge are well-defined that leads to the final snow slope which is steep and quite technical but not hard to reach the peak. Summit of the peak features the incredible view of Annapurna massif including Tilicho peak, Glacier Dome, Gangapurna and Damodar Himal. Our well experience Climbing guide will lead the Pisang Peak climbing trip with lifetime climbing experience the Himalayas of Nepal.
After summit of Pisang Peak we will trek through the popular Annapurna Circuit via to Pisang valley covers the Manang valley which is known for its unique culture and landscapes that stretches to Annapurna and Damador range. The return trail descends to sacred land of Muktinath crossing one of high pass of Nepal (Thorung La Pass 5416 meters). Visit Himalaya Trek have carefully designed Pisang Peak Climbing itinerary to allow gradual ascend and proper acclimatization.
- Day 01: Arrive in Kathmandu, receive in Kathmandu international airport and transfer to Hotel stay overnight at Kathmandu Hotel.
- Day 02: Sightseeing or Trek preparation checking your climbing gears with our climbing guide stay overnight at Hotel Kathmandu (Breakfast Included)
- Day 03: Drive to Dharapani (00 meters) via Besisahar stay at Tea house at Dharapani. (About 9 hours drive)
- Day 04: Trek to Chame (2670 meters)
we will trek following the popular Annapurna circuit trail via Timang village. On a clear weather we can see spectacular views of mount Manaslu from Timang village. Walking through the recently build dirt road lead us to Chame village stay overnight at Chame. (Breakfast/lunch/dinner Included)
- Day 05: Trek to Pisang (3300 meters)
Walking through the Marshyangdi river bank, pass through pine forest over fairly level trail through the pretty village of Talekhu and Bhratang village. Now we inter narrow valley gorge of river and through the cliff of rock enter the alpine level of valley. Crossing the Marshyangdi river valley now become more wider and become more peaceful. Magnificent views of Annapurna II can be seen. Appearing Buddhist stupas, prayer flags sign us to entering the Buddhist settlements finally lead us to Pisang stay overnight at tea house.
- Day 06: Trek to Pisang Peak Base Camp (4380 meters)
After breakfast trek to Pisang Peak base, from today we will start our Camping part because Pisang is the Last settlements direction of Pisang Peak. Set Campsite stay overnight at Camp at Pisang Peak Base Camp. (5 hours trek)
- Day 07: Acclimatization day at Pisang Peak Base Camp at Camp.
We will have acclimatizing day at Pisang Peak base camp, Hike up to climbing route close to Pisang Peak High Camp and back to Base Camp at overnight at Camp.
- Day 08: Pisang Peak Base Camp to High Camp (5400 meters)
today we will set high Camp about 5400 meters, high camp is in the shape of Pisang Peak, we can view just fantastic views of the Annapurna massif view from high Camp stay overnight at High Camp.
- Day 09: Summit Pisang Peak and back to Base Camp.
Summit Pisang peak 6091 meters and back to Base Camp stay overnight at Camp.
- Day 10: Extra day for bad weather or backup day.
- Day 11: Trek to Manang (3540 meters)
We pick our Camping and our Camping crew back to Chame for kathmandu with our climbing gears and we trek to Manang about 6 hours stay at tea house at Mamang.
- Day 12: Trek to Yak Kharka (4018 meters) 5 hours.
Today we leave Manang, & the trail makes an ascent of nearly 500meters to the Yak Kharka. We make the climb steadily through Tenki Manang, Continuing along the Jarsang Khola Valley, we reach Yak Kharka at 4018 meters stay overnight at Tea house.
- Day 13: Trek to Thorong Phedi (4450 meters) 5 hours.
Gently ascending trail lead us the ledar valley crossing suspension bridge the river flows from the Chulu west peak. walking continue Yak grazing valley finally lead us to river and crossing the river again gently climb lead us to Thorong Phedi at 4450 meters stay at Tea house.
- Day 14: Trek to Muktinath (3800 meters) via Thorung La pass (5416 meters) 9 hours.
We always suggest starting our journey very early morning because this is one of the long day and going to cross Thrung La Pass 5416 meters. We start to climb steeply that is regularly used and easy to follow. About 4 to 5 hours climb up to the pass marked by the chortens & prayer flags. As you reach the top, you are rewarded by the magnificent view from the top with another 4 hours trek will take to the holy town of Muktinath stay overnight at tea house.
- Day 15: Trek to Jomsom (2710 meters)
Early morning visit holy temple Muktinath Temple which is famous for Hindus pilgrims, Buddhist monastery. After visit this holy temple we make our journey to Jomsom via Jharkot village, and Ekle Bhatti and now following the deep Kali Gandaki River toward to Jomsom stay overnight at Jomsom at Hotel.
- Day 16: Flight Jomsom to Pokhara.
Taking Scenic Mountain flight to Pokhara, today you will have free day at Pokhara, Visit Fewa Lake, World Peace Stupa, stay overnight at Pokhara.
- Day 17: Flight Pokhara to Kathmandu.
After breakfast transfer to Pokhara airport for flight to Kathmandu, About 25 minutes short flight takes you capital city of Kathmandu, receive at airport and transfer to Hotel. Visit Thamel, free day stay overnight at Kathmandu Hotel.
- Day 18: Departure.
- Arrival / Departure land transport. We will collect you from Kathmandu airport and provide departure transport.
- Accommodation in Kathmandu 3* stander categories with breakfast. (2 in sharing basis)
- Sightseeing in Kathmandu valley with historical city guide and necessary land transport.
- Kathmandu - Besisahar – Dharapani land transport by private jeep.
- Experience Climbing Guide, including his accommodation, food, salary.
- Porter to carry Client’s baggage’s (2 clients sharing 1 porter) including his accommodation, food, salary.
- Accommodation, breakfast, lunch, dinner including tea coffee while on trek.
- Camping arrangements during Pisang Peak Climbing Period.
- Climbing gears like rope, snowbar, ice crew etc.
- Annapurna Conservation entry permit & TIMS Card.
- Pisang Peak Climbing Permit.
- Pisang Peak climbing sherpa’s summit Bonus.
- Jomsom – Pokhara – Kathmandu (domestic flight)
- All necessary land transport, for staffs.
- Government taxes, service charges and Staffs insurances.
- Nepal entry visa fee.
- Lunch, dinner, tea coffee in Kathmandu, Pokhara.
- Entrance fee in sightseeing sports.
- Personal travel insurance (Compulsory)
- Personal climbing Gears (Please refer to gear list section for personal climbing gears details)
- Personal expenses like telephone, laundry, bar bills, personal tips for Guide, porter, drivers.
- Any other expenses mentioned then above.
Visit Himalaya Treks has always been keen about safety on the journey. We have prepared Trekking Equipment List which the trekkers will need during their trek in Nepal. The following list should help you with your packing. Generally, you should always try to keep the weight of your equipment to a minimum. The weight of your trek bag while trekking should be no more than 15 KG. You must bring the following items:
Hiking boots, Trekking Socks
Waterproof (trousers / jacket)
Base layer shirts
Sunhat and Woolen hat
Sun protection (including total bloc for lips)
Head torch (spare bulb and batteries)
Water bottles 1 Litres
Antibacterial hand wash
Daypack (25-30 Liters)
Sleeping bag 4 or 5 season (up to – 20ºC)
Personal First Aid Kit
Small, personal first-aid kit. (Simple and light)
Aspirin, first-aid tape, and plasters (Band-Aids)
1 skin-blister repair kit
Cough and/or cold medicine
Anti-altitude sickness pills: Diamox or Acetylzolamide
Stomach antibiotic: Ciprofloxacin, etc. Do not bring sleeping pills as they are a respiratory depressant.
Water purification tablets or water filter
1 set of earplugs
Extra pair of prescription glasses, contact lens supplies.
Climbing gear you should bring:
01: Ice Axe w/Leash (General mountaineering tool. Sizing is important: under 5’7" use a 60cm tool; 5’7"- 6’1" use a 65cm tool; over 6’1" use a 70cm tool. (Too short is preferable to too long).)
02: Crampons (With flat rather than “cookie cutter” frame rails)
03: 40 ft 6mm perlon (For Prussiks or bring your glacier rig.)
04: Alpine Climbing Harness (Harness should fit over all clothing; have gear loops, adjustable leg loops and be reasonably comfortable to hang suspended in.)
05: Carabiners (2 Large Pear or D-shaped locking. 2 standard ovals or D’s)
06: Climbing helmet (Must be adjustable to fit, with or without hat or balaclava on)
07: 1 Ascender (Recommended: left or right hand.)
08: Ski or trekking poles (Snow baskets required. Helpful for balance when carrying a heavy pack or if you have knee problems)
09: Double plastic climbing boots.
10: Gaiters (Please make sure your gaiters fit around the plastic boot without being to tight around the boot.)
Note: Walking pole, down jacket, sleeping bag, etc available on hire in Kathmandu or request we will provide it.
Trip cost will vary depending on numbers of travelers, duration/days of trek, standard of hotel in Kathmandu before & after the trip. Please contact us to GET a Custom Quote.
OUR COMMUNITY & SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY
Save Rural Nepal is Non-Governmental Organization without profit, funded by individuals across the globe, contributing positively to the societies that make up rural Nepal. We take a holistic approach to uplift communities where they need help; we take action through specific projects that involve earthquake recovery, children welfare & schools, skill building opportunities for women, and environmental awareness.
Read More About: Save Rural Nepal
Why Travel with Visit Himalaya Treks?
- Travel with Confidence with us.
- Team of destinations Experts.
- Over 60 % Repeat Customers, No any hidden cost.
- Customer Satisfaction, & 24 hours back support.
- Customized, Tailor-made itinerary & Price.
- Your safety is our concern.
- Booking & Payment Condition.