Highlights of the Treks
- Short Trek to lap of Machhapuchhre (Fishtail).
- Breathtaking views of Annapurna & Fishtail.
- A way from the crowd with fascinating landscapes.
- Explore the typical local villages see their culture.
Mardi Himal Trek is short trek in lap of Annapurna and Fishtail that offers breathtaking Himalayan panorama, real trekking experience that keep you away from busy and crowd that you will get real trekking experience in short amount of time too. Mardi Himal Trek is suite for travelers has only a week time but wanted to experience real treks “off the beaten path”. Mardi Himal Trek is one of the remarkable and beautiful short trek in Nepal that offering golden chances to explore traditional local gurung villages, terraced farms, lush forests, breathtaking scenery, immeasurable and diversity of culture make Mardi Himal Trek more rewarding and fascinating.
During our trekking to Mardi Himal provide magnificent views of Annnapurna South, Hichuli, Gangapurna, Machhapuchhre (Fishtail) Mardi Himal Peak and Lamjung Himal can be visible during the trek. Beside of the Himalayan views, in month of March, April blooming rhododendrons flowers covering the forest that add extra attraction of the Mardi Himal Trek. Mardi Himal Trek start from just north corner of Pokhara City ending point of popular Annapurna Base Camp Trek as a known by Dhampus Phedi. This 7 days Mardi Himal Treks lead us through beautiful Dhampus village, one of the most beautiful gurung village close to pokhara City, Pothana, Pitam deurali, Forest Camp, Mardi Himal Low Camp, Mardi Himal high Camp, day trip to Mardi Himal view point and back to Siding village and Lumre that makes a beautiful Mardi Himal Circuit Trek.
Mardi Himal Trek Short Itinerary;
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu (1,300m/4,264ft)
Day 02: Flight to Pokhara Drive to Phedi and trek to Deurali (2100m/6,720ft): 25 minutes Flight 30 minutes drive, 3-4 hours trek
Day 03: Deurali to Forest camp (2,520m/8064ft): 5-6 hours
Day 04: Forest Camp to low camp (2970m/9504ft): 5-6 hours
Day 05: Low camp to high camp (3540m/11,328ft): 3-4 hours
Day 06: High camp to upper viewpoint (4250m/13600ft), return back to high camp: 2-3 hours
Day 07: High camp to Sidhing Village (1700m/5440ft): 6-7 hours
Day 08: Trek to Lumre, and drive to Pokhara Stay overnight at Pokhara.
Day 09: Flight to Kathmandu and sightseeing in Kathmandu.
Day 10: Final departure
- Day 01: Arrive in Kathmandu receive in Kathmandu airport and transfer to Hotel stay overnight at Kathmandu Hotel.
- Day 02: Fly to Pokhara - Drive to Phedi and trek to Deurali (2100m/6,720ft): 25 minutes flight 30 minutes drive, 3-4 hours trek.
Early morning drive to Kathmandu airport taking scenic flight to Pokhara. Our flight journey is only 25 minutes, landing at Pokhara we will have breakfast at Pokhara and start our Mardi Himal Trek with a drive to Phedi and start trekking from there. We walk on stone steps, terraced fields and through villages and forests before reaching Dhampus. We continue our walk to Deurali via Pothana stay overnight at Deurali at Tea House. (Breakfast/Lunch/Dinner)
- Day 03: Deurali to Forest camp (2,520m/8064ft): 5-6 hours.
After breakfast our trek start passing through lush forest dotted with the red rhododendrons. Trek through the very quiet but hearing great sound of birds. Finally our journey arrived at Forest Camp stay overnight at Tea house. (Breakfast/Lunch/Dinner)
- Day 04: Forest Camp to low camp (2970m/9504ft): 5-6 hours.
Our Trek continues lead us through the dense forest toward to Forest Camp. From Forest Camp we can view fantastic views of the Himalayas Machhapuchhre, (Fishtail) with exciting valley with charming landscapes stay overnight at Forest Camp at tea house.( (Breakfast/Lunch/Dinner)
- Day 05: Low camp to high camp (3540m/11,328ft): 3-4 hours
After Breakfast our trek start ascending alongside a ride towards Mardi Himal and Machhapuchhre. Now we can see clearly that tree lines are getting thinner and the area typically consists of shrubs with isolated rhododendron bushes along the trail. Continues ascending trail lead us finally at high Camp this is our last destination the day stay overnight at tea House ((Breakfast/Lunch/Dinner)
- Day 06: High camp to upper viewpoint (4250m/13600ft), return back to high camp: 3 - 4 hours.
On our day hikes to the Mardi Himal Trek view point walking through the steep and narrow trail lead us ascending and descending through the grazing land toward to Upper viewpoint of Mardi Himal Trek. The view of the Himalayan vista from here is amazing like Mardi Himal (5587m), Annapurna I (8091m), Annapurna south (7219m), Hiunchuli (6441m), Baraha Shikhar (Mt. Fang) (7647m), Tent Peak (5695m), Singhachuli (6501m), Machapuchhre (6993m) and Lamjung Himal at backdrop. After enjoying the view trek back to Mardi Himal High Camp folowing the same trail we walk earlier on our way up to Mardi Himal upper view point stay overnight at tea house. (Breakfast/Lunch/Dinner)
- Day 07: High camp to Sidhing Village (1700m/5440ft): 6-7 hours.
Taking different route toward to Sidding village makes our trek more interesting. Sidding village provides a quite stay with opportunity to experience the pure local tradition, their culture and village lifestyle stay overnight at Sidding village at tea house. (Breakfast/Lunch/Dinner)
- Day 08: Trek to Lumre, drive and drive to Pokhara Stay overnight at Pokhara.
After breakfast, we trek towards to Lumre that is place finally connected with driving road and we will meet our vehicle at Lumre and drive to Pokhara which is takes about 2 hours to arrive in Pokhara. Check in Hotel and free day Pokhara stay at Hotel Pokhara.
- Day 09: Flight to Kathmandu and sightseeing in Kathmandu.
After breakfast drive to Pokhara Airport, take short 25 minuts flight to Kathmandu, receive in Kathmandu Airport and drive to Hotel, Check in Hotel and sightseeing in Pasupatinath Temple and Boudhanath Stupa stay overnight at Hotel Kathmandu.
- Day 10: Departure.
- Arrivals and departure transport by car (We will collect you from the Kathmandu international airport) and transfer to Hotel.
- Half day sightseeing in Kathmandu after the trek with historical tour guide and necessary transport.
- 2 nights’ accommodation in Kathmandu and 1 night in Pokhara 3* stander hotel with Breakfast (2 in sharing room)
- Kathmandu – Pokhara – Kathmandu round fare air fare.
- Land transport – Pokhara to trek starting point and trek ending point to Pokhara.
- Accommodation and all meals (breakfast, lunch, and dinner) while on trek in normal teahouses.
- Salary, insurance, food, accommodation for guides and porters.
- 2 in sharing porter to carry your luggage on treks (Per person 12 kilogram luggage).
- National Park entry fee and Trekkers Information Management System (TIMS).
- Group First Aid Kit.
- Government taxes and service charge.
- Nepal entry Visa Fee.
- Personal Travel Insurance (Compulsory).
- Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu and Pokhara.
- Entry fee at the sightseeing sites.
- Personal expenses like beverages (mineral water, alcohol, and soft drinks), telephone bills, laundry, bar bills, personal tips etc.
Visit Himalaya Treks has always been keen about safety on the journey. We have prepared Trekking Equipment List which the trekkers will need during their trek in Nepal. The following list should help you with your packing. Generally, you should always try to keep the weight of your equipment to a minimum. The weight of your trek bag while trekking should be no more than 15 KG. You must bring the following items:
Hiking boots, Trekking Socks
Waterproof (trousers / jacket)
Base layer shirts
Sunhat and Woolen hat
Sun protection (including total bloc for lips)
Head torch (spare bulb and batteries)
Water bottles 1 Litres
Antibacterial hand wash
Daypack (25-30 Liters)
Sleeping bag 4 or 5 season (up to – 20ºC)
Personal First Aid Kit
Small, personal first-aid kit. (Simple and light)
Aspirin, first-aid tape, and plasters (Band-Aids)
1 skin-blister repair kit
Cough and/or cold medicine
Anti-altitude sickness pills: Diamox or Acetylzolamide
Stomach antibiotic: Ciprofloxacin, etc. Do not bring sleeping pills as they are a respiratory depressant.
Water purification tablets or water filter
1 set of earplugs
Extra pair of prescription glasses, contact lens supplies.
Note: Walking pole, down jacket, sleeping bag, etc available on hire in Kathmandu or request we will provide it.
Trip cost will vary depending on numbers of travelers, duration/days of trek, standard of hotel in Kathmandu before & after the trip. Please contact us to GET a Custom Quote.
OUR COMMUNITY & SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY
Save Rural Nepal is Non-Governmental Organization without profit, funded by individuals across the globe, contributing positively to the societies that make up rural Nepal. We take a holistic approach to uplift communities where they need help; we take action through specific projects that involve earthquake recovery, children welfare & schools, skill building opportunities for women, and environmental awareness.
Read More About: Save Rural Nepal
Why Travel with Visit Himalaya Treks?
- Travel with Confidence with us.
- Team of destinations Experts.
- Over 60 % Repeat Customers, No any hidden cost.
- Customer Satisfaction, & 24 hours back support.
- Customized, Tailor-made itinerary & Price.
- Your safety is our concern.
- Booking & Payment Condition.