Highlights of the Treks
- Visit Potala Palace, Drepung & sera Monastery.
- Superb view of Yamdrok Lake, Karola Glacier, Pelkor Chöde Monastery with Gyantse Kumbum.
- Visit Rongbuk monastery & Everest Base Camp.
Lhasa Gyantse Shigatse Mt. Everest Group Tour – 8 Days.
TRIP DURATION: 8 Days
PRICE: From $950 USD
SEASON: Spring, Summer, Autumn, Winter
Visa Fee: As per Nationality (Please contact us)
KTM – Lhasa- KTM Air Fare: 450 $ TO 750 $ Per Ticket (Subject To Change)
Single Supplement: 180 per person. (If no one share room with you)
TOUR TYPE: Budget join-in small group tour with fixed-departure travels along a fixed-route sharing guide & vehicle service with travelers around the world (12 Persons Maximum).
Lhasa Gyantse Shigatse Mt. Everest Group Tour makes the world’s highest and most famous mountain much more approachable. One of the most popular and fascinating tour once in a life time experience includes popular Lhasa City known by capital of Tibet. Visit Lhasa City and most popular sights involve first 3 days stay in the high land of Lhasa. Then we will start our journey to Mount Everest Base Camp (top of the world). Highlight of the trip is Holy Yamdrok Lake, the glistening Karola Glacier and Khumbum Stupa in Gyantse and Shigatse. Crossing over 5000 meters passes and stay overnight at Top of the world’s base camp (everest Base Camp) is another highlight of the Lhasa Gyantse Sighatse Mt. Everest Base Camp trip. In a clear weather we can see glorious sunrise views and beautiful sunset view over the top of the world.
Day Route Attractions & Activities
Day 01: Arrival in Lhasa Group transfer from Lhasa Airport/Railway.
Day 02: Lhasa Suburb Drepung Monastery, Sera Monastery
Day 03: Lhasa City Potala Palace, Jokhang Temple, Barkhor Street.
Day 04: Lhasa – Gyantse – Shigatse Yamdrok Lake, Karola Glacier, Pelkor Chöde Monastery with Gyantse Kumbum.
Day 05: Shigatse – Tingri – EBC – Rongbuk Monastery-Rongbuk, Guesthouse/EBC, Nomad Tent.
Day 06: EBC – Shigatse – Everest Base Camp.
Day 07: Shigatse – Lhasa -Tashilump Monastery.
Day 08: Departure from Lhasa -Group transfer to Lhasa Airport/Railway.
Note: Itinerary we have provided is Lhasa to Lhasa; if you are considering entering to Tibet from Nepal, please let us know for Kathmandu arrangements, Kathmandu – Lhasa- Kathmandu flight booking etc. We Need final booking in 10 days before of Departure.
- Day 01: Arrival in Lhasa 3680 meters.
Our staff will greet you at Lhasa Airport/Railway to transfer you to hotel. From Lhasa Airport to downtown Lhasa, usually takes about 1.5hrs; from Lhasa Railway Station, about 20mins. After transferred to hotel, the rest of the day you will be free to wander around the city on your own but try not to overtax yourself. The first day’s well-rest is crucial to acclimatize high altitude. Remember to drink lots of water, eat light, and not to shower if you can help it. For our free Lhasa Airport/Railway transfer, pls check the Inclusions for the information of our free Lhasa Airport/Railway transfers.
- Day 02: Lhasa Suburb (B+D) - Highlights: Drepung Monastery, Sera Monastery.
Today you will visit totally 2 attractions in Lhasa suburb. In the morning, we will arrange you to see Drepung Monastery. In the afternoon, we will visit Sera Monastery. Drepung Monastery was once one of the world’s largest monasteries. The word Drepung literally translates as ‘rice heap’, a reference to the huge numbers of white monastic buildings that once piled up on the hill side. Sera Monastery is located in the northern suburb of Lhasa City. The monastery was named Sera which mean wild rose in the Tibetan language, because the hill behind it was covered with wild roses in bloom when the monastery was built. From of Mon ~ Fri, every afternoon, you’ll be able to see monks debating at Sera Monastery.
- Day 03: Lhasa City - Highlights: Potala Palace, Jokhang Temple, Barkhor Street.
This morning, visit Potala Palace. It is more than 3,700 meters above sea level and it is the highest palace in the world! At the top the palace called golden roofs; you can have a bird-eye view of the whole of Lhasa. In the distance there are undulating mountain ranges, the beautiful Lhasa River, tracts of fields, tree-shaded villages and the glistening Jokhang Temple. Afternoon, visit Jokhang Temple, it is the first built during the period of Sontsan Gambo in the 7th century, features Buddhist prayer wheels, reclining deer, golden sutra streamers. You'll find that many Pilgrims pray before the monastery.The circuit around it called Barkhor Street, a famous local handmade crafts market, which is a good place to purchase souvenirs.
- Day 4 Lhasa- Gyantse(4040m)- Shigatse(3840m), 360km, Approx 6hrs - Highlights: Yamdrok Lake, Karola Glacier, Pelkor Chöde Monastery with Gyantse Kumbum.
Yamdrotso Lake: dazzling Yamdro-tso(elev 4441m) is normally first seen from the summit of the Kamba-la(4700m). The lake lies several hundred meters below the road, and in clear weather is fabulous shade of deep turquoise. Far in the distance is the huge massif of Mt. Nojin Kangtsang(7191m). Karola Glacier: Mt Nojin Kangsang stands tall with an elevation of 7,191m between Gyantze County and Nagarzê County, with several snow-capped mountains over 6,000m surrounding it. Mount Nojin Kangsang is the most accessible glacier site on the Tibetan Plateau. The famous Kharola Glacier (elev 5,560m) is below the south ridge of Nojin Kangsang. Pelkor Chöde Monastery with Gyantse Kumbum: the sprawling compound in the far north of town houses Pelkor Chöde Monastery and the monumental Gyantse Kumbum, a chörten filled with fine paintings and statues. Both are deservedly top of the list on most travellers’ must-sees. Palkhor lies at the foot of Dzong Hill. It is well-known for its Kumbum, which has 108 chapels in its four floors. The multi-storied Kumbum Stupa was crowned with a golden dome and umbrella, surrounded with more chapels filled with unique religious statues and murals.
- Day 05: Shigatse - Tingri - EBC(5200m), 350km, Approx 7hrs – Stay overnight in Nomad Tent, (Dorm Bed) or Rongbuk guesthouse (Highlights: Rongbuk Monastery)
In the morning, you will leave Shigatse to Lhatse, a small town located 150 km from Shigatse, and you may have lunch in local restaurant. After a short rest, you will go ahead to Tingri. You will pass Tsola Pass (4600M), and Gyatsola Pass (5248M). In the late afternoon, you enter Mt. Everest National Nature Reserve. You can enjoy the panorama of Himalaya at Gawula Pass (5198m).Then we drive along the new zigzag road to Rongpuk or the Tent Camp to stay overnight. If the weather is good, you can have a clear view of the sunset of golden Everest peak. If it’s summertime (usually May~Oct), we will carry on the last few kilometers to Everest Tent Camp to stay the night; if winter time (usually Nov~Apr), we will stay at Rongbuk Monastery’s guesthouse. Both places have but only dorm bed lodging available. Both places you can see the glorious Everest sunset if the weather is good.
- Day 6 EBC - Shigatse, 350km, Approx 6hrs
You can get up early and enjoy the sunrise of Everest Peak at lodging area if the weather is good. And then, you can take the eco-bus to the Everest Base Camp. If you like trekking, you can do a short trek from the tent guesthouses community to the actual Everest Base Camp. For the 4km, it will take you about 1.5-2 hours on your physical condition. After sightseeing, we will drive back to Shigatse and enjoy the fabulous view along the way.
- Day 7 Shigatse - Lhasa, 300km, Approx 5hrs
In Shigatse, we will visit Tashilunpo Monastery the home of Panchen Lama, it was founded by the 1st Dalai Lama in 1447, is a historic and culturally important monastery in Shigatse and also the second-largest city in Tibet. It located on a hill in the center of the city, the full name in Tibetan of the monastery means "all fortune and happiness gathered here" or "heap of glory". Drive back to Lhasa from Shigatse along the friendship way, the northern way to Lhasa. On the way, you’ll see the Yarlung Tsangpo valley.
- Day 08: Departure from Lhasa
Your 8-day Lhasa Gyantse Shigatse Mt. Everest Group Tour ends today. After breakfasts, you will be free for the morning. Our staff will collect you at your hotel to transfer to Lhasa Airport/Railway.
- *Lodgings: 6 Nights, twin room en suite in 3★/4★;
- *1 Night, dorm bed at GUESTHOUSE or NOMAD TENT;
- *Meal: 6 Breakfasts & 1 Welcome Dinner.
- *Travel-licensed vehicle according to group size & season as itinerary needed including gas and parking fee;
- *Free Lhasa Railway Station transfer at all time on the first & last day;
- *Free pick-up from airport to hotel at 10:00 am，14:00 pm and 17:00 pm on the first day;
- *Free drop-off from hotel to airport at 7:00 am，9:30 am and 12:30 pm on the last day;
- *Guide: experienced local English-speaking tour guide
- *Attractions: all entrance fee mentioned in itinerary.
- *Permit: Tibet Tourism Bureau Permit (TTB); Alien's Travel Permit(PSB) to be applied in Shigatse with your original passport which takes about 30mins;
- *Food & lodgings for guide & driver;
- *One bottle of mineral water per person per day;
- *Oxygen tank for emergency use;
- *Government Tax & Service charges.
- *Kathmandu Lhasa/Kathmandu Flight if you entering your tour from Kathmandu.
- *Accommodation in Kathmandu, Please let us know we reserved it according to your needed.
- *Any land transport in Kathmandu.
- *Private Lhasa Airport transfers if your flight isn’t within our free service time, USD 60/vehicle/time.
- *Flight or Train *China Visa
- *Breakfast on Day 06, Lunch, Dinner
- *Optional sightseeing & *Personal expenses.
- *Super-fast express delivery of Tibet Entry Permit (eg. China Air Express)
- *Additional days caused by unexpected nature disasters. eg. Land Slide, Avalanche, etc.
- *Gratuities to guide and driver according to your budget and level of satisfaction.
- *Personal travel insurance.
- *Anything not listed in INCLUSIONS
Dates and Price
|Start Date||End Date||Availability||Price||Booking|
|Jul 08,2017||Jul 15,2017||Closed||$950||N/A|
|Jul 15,2017||Jul 22,2017||Available||$950||Book Now|
|Jul 22,2017||Jul 29,2017||Available||$950||Book Now|
|Jul 29,2017||Aug 05,2017||Available||$950||Book Now|
|Aug 05,2017||Aug 12,2017||Available||$950||Book Now|
|Aug 12,2017||Aug 19,2017||Available||$950||Book Now|
|Aug 19,2017||Aug 26,2017||Available||$950||Book Now|
|Aug 26,2017||Sep 02,2017||Available||$950||Book Now|
|Sep 02,2017||Sep 09,2017||Available||$950||Book Now|
|Sep 09,2017||Sep 16,2017||Available||$950||Book Now|
|Sep 16,2017||Sep 23,2017||Available||$950||Book Now|
|Sep 23,2017||Sep 30,2017||Available||$950||Book Now|
|Sep 30,2017||Oct 07,2017||Available||$950||Book Now|
Note: Contact us if the departure dates doesn't suit you. We can also arrange you a personalized trek according to your convenience. For more details, Contact Us
*Tibet Tourism Bureau Permit (TTB) usually takes about 12-working-day to apply. If you couldn’t provide the required docs & info on time, an extra about USD 50~80/permit will be charged; *We reserve the right to change the itinerary order and attractions in Lhasa; *If you prefer to book your own hotels over those included in our group tour, pls meet the rest of the group at their daily hotel on time. We don’t include the transfers to your own hotels; *We need to pickup and dropoff all tour members of the group on first & last day from Lhasa Airport/Railway, thus there may not always have guide presence but driver; *Due to the special nature of Tibet travel, any unforeseeable and unavoidable objective circumstances, including but not limited to natural disasters, war, terrorism, riot, civil commotion, strikes, public health emergencies, government action, major traffic jams, delay or cancellation of flight/train, attractions temporarily closed. etc., resulting in change of itinerary, the increased cost will be paid by travellers; if any attraction visits has to be cancelled due to the same reasons above, VHT won’t be hold responsible for refund except certain attraction entrance fee which will be solely decided by VHT. *Single Supplement: our quote is based on twin rooms. For single travellers, single supplement is required at the time of booking. If later we manage to match you with another traveller to share the twin rooms, single supplement will be refunded.
OUR COMMUNITY & SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY
Save Rural Nepal is Non-Governmental Organization without profit, funded by individuals across the globe, contributing positively to the societies that make up rural Nepal. We take a holistic approach to uplift communities where they need help; we take action through specific projects that involve earthquake recovery, children welfare & schools, skill building opportunities for women, and environmental awareness.
Read More About: Save Rural Nepal
Why Travel with Visit Himalaya Treks?
- Travel with Confidence with us.
- Team of destinations Experts.
- Over 60 % Repeat Customers, No any hidden cost.
- Customer Satisfaction, & 24 hours back support.
- Customized, Tailor-made itinerary & Price.
- Your safety is our concern.
- Booking & Payment Condition.