Highlights of the Treks
- Climbing view point of Tsergo Ri 5000 meters
- Splendid view of the snow caped Himalayan peaks
- Charming landscape monasteries & Mane walls
- Rhododendron jungle pasture pastures with yaks
Langtang Valley Trek is a short and relatively easy trek in Langtang Valley with stunning panoramas of two major Himalayan Ranges, Langtang and Ganesh. Langtang Valley Trek is in the valley of this very famous and beautiful range around Langtang Himal Range in the central part of the country. Diverse flora and fauna can also be observed with equally diverse culture of different ethnic groups on this trek. Langtang Valley Trek also stands out as one of the popular treks in the country, especially due to hospitality shown in the region.This is the trekking holidays travelers how have short and limited time fully able to enjoy the unique culture and great Himalayan peaks.
It is a relatively easy and short trek with Tsergo Ri (a viewpoint at 5033 meters) being the major attraction of the trek. Tsergo Ri offers views of Langtang Lirung (7227 meters), Dorje Lhakpa (6966 meters), Yala Peak (5520 meters), Shishapangma and many other smaller peaks. Equally breathtaking views of Ganesh Himal Range can be enjoyed at the beginning of Langtang Valley Trek.
Langtang Valley Trek starts and passes through villages with terraced fields of paddy, corns, millet etc (depending upon the season). Slowly it starts to go through the Rhododendron jungles and then on to meadows and pastures with yaks, and at last to the alpine vegetation near Langtang. The change in culture and religion is also on show as the landscape changes, with increasing number of monasteries and Mane walls as the trek goes higher. At Kyanjin Gomba (the final village at the end of village), one can really enjoy the beauty of Langtang Valley Trek.
Because of easy accessibility, this trek can be done any time in the year but March and April are the best months, as the flowers bloom at this time around the year and jungles full of Rhododendron flowers, in particular is something one shouldn’t miss. Although rare to spot, wildlife including migratory birds, deer monkeys, Himalayan Thars, Himalayan Red Panda can be found in the Langtang valley.
- Day 01: Arrive in Kathmandu (1335 meters).
A representative from Visit Himalaya Treks with the company’s display board will greet you outside the arrival terminal and transfer you to your Hotel. The trek leader will meet the group for a meeting and provide a detailed briefing on the trek. All the required information regarding the trek would be provided. (Overnight at Hotel)
- Day 02: Drive to Syabru Besi (1460 meters).
After breakfast, a private vehicle (car/bus) will pick you at your hotel. We drive to Syabru Besi via Dhunche. After Dhunche, the drive continues on a secondary road. It takes around 7 hours to reach Syabru Besi. (Overnight at Teahouse. Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner included)
- Day 03: Trek to Lama Hotel (2500 meters).
The trek starts with an ascent through a forests and passes through Bamboo and Rimche and closely follows Langtang River till Rimche. A brief climb leads to Lama Hotel ending the first day’s trek. (5 hours) (Overnight at Teahouse. Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner included)
- Day 04: Trek to Langtang Village (3300 meters).
A gradual climb continues throughout the day and passes through a couple of teahouses at Ghoda Tabela. Slowly but steadily the trek enters the valley and ends at Langtang Village. (5 hours) (Overnight at Teahouse. Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner included)
- Day 05: Trek to Kyanjin Gompa (3798 meters).
The trek continues to travel further in the valley and finally ends at the end of the valley. The day is relatively short as the trek enters into higher elevations. Langtang Lirung towers above the valley and provides a spectacular scenery. (4 hours) (Overnight at Teahouse. Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner included)
- Day 06: Kyanjin Gompa exploration day.
The day can be used to explore the area and for acclimatization. A morning climb of Tsergo Ri (5033 meters) provides stunning mountain panoramas. Afternoon can be enjoyed by visiting old monasteries of the village. (Overnight at Teahouse. Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner included)
- Day 07: Trek back to Lama Hotel (2500 meters).
The trek retraces back to Lama Hotel via same route. (5-6 hours) (Overnight at Teahouse. Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner included)
- Day 08: Trek to Thulo Syabru (2250 meters).
The trek switches to descend mode in the morning and starts to climb in the afternoon finally ending the day at Thulo Syabru. This is also one of the biggest settlement of the region and also provides fantastic views of Langtang. (5 hours) (Overnight at Teahouse. Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner included)
- Day 09: Trek to Syabru Besi (1460 meters) and drive back to Kathmandu.
A steep drop of around couple of hours leads back to Syabru Besi and finally ends the trek. A long drive finally brings us back to Kathmandu. (Overnight at Hotel. Breakfast included)
- Day 10: Departure.
A representative from Visit Himalaya Treks Pvt. Ltd. will check your flight tickets and transfer you to the airport before two hours from your flight with a hope of seeing you again in the future. (Breakfast included)
ALL ITINERARIES CAN BE CUSTOMIZED AT YOUR REQUESTS ACCORDING TO YOUR CONVENIENCE.
- Arrivals and departure transport by car (We will collect you from the Kathmandu international airport) and transfer to Hotel.
- Half day sightseeing in Kathmandu (Boudhanath and Pasupatinath) with city guide and necessary transport.
- 2 nights accommodation (2 persons per room) in Kathmandu in a 3* standard Hotel with breakfast.
- All land transportations (a private car/bus).
- Accommodation and all meals (breakfast, lunch, dinner) while on trek in normal teahouses.
- Salary, insurance, food, accommodation for guides and porters.
- A porter to carry your luggage on treks (Per person 15 kilogram luggage).
- National Park entry fee and Trekkers Information Management System (TIMS).
- Group First Aid Kit.
- Government taxes and service charges.
- Nepal entry Visa Fee.
- Personal Travel Insurance (Compulsory).
- Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu.
- Entry fee at the sightseeing sites.
- Personal expenses like beverages (mineral water, alcohol, soft drinks), telephone bills, laundry, bar bills, personal tips etc
The following checklist should help you with your packing. As a general rule, you should always try to keep the weight of your equipment to a minimum. The packed weight of your trek bag while trekking should be no more than 15 KG.
Trekking trousers / pants.
Waterproof overtrousers / rainpants.
Casual shirt and/or T-shirts.
Fleece jacket or warm jumper/sweater.
Warm and waterproof over gloves or mittens.
Head torch/Headlamp with spare bulb and batteries.
Sun protection (including total bloc for lips, nose etc).
Water bottles 1 L.
Sleeping bag 4 or 5 season * (rated down to – 20ºC).
Warm jacket (down)*.
Small, personal first-aid kit. (Simple and light)
Aspirin, first-aid tape, and plasters (Band-Aids)
1 skin-blister repair kit
Cough and/or cold medicine
Anti-altitude sickness pills: Diamox or Acetylzolamide
Stomach antibiotic: Ciprofloxacin, etc. Do not bring sleeping pills as they are a respiratory depressant.
Water purification tablets or water filter
1 set of earplugs
Extra pair of prescription glasses, contact lens supplies.
Note: Walking pole, down jacket, sleeping bag, etc available on hire in Kathmandu or request we will provide it.
Trip cost will vary depending on numbers of travelers, duration/days of trek, standard of hotel in Kathmandu before & after the trip. Please contact us to GET a Custom Quote.
OUR COMMUNITY & SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY
Save Rural Nepal is Non-Governmental Organization without profit, funded by individuals across the globe, contributing positively to the societies that make up rural Nepal. We take a holistic approach to uplift communities where they need help; we take action through specific projects that involve earthquake recovery, children welfare & schools, skill building opportunities for women, and environmental awareness.
Read More About: Save Rural Nepal
Why Travel with Visit Himalaya Treks?
- Travel with Confidence with us.
- Team of destinations Experts.
- Over 60 % Repeat Customers, No any hidden cost.
- Customer Satisfaction, & 24 hours back support.
- Customized, Tailor-made itinerary & Price.
- Your safety is our concern.
- Booking & Payment Condition.