Highlights of the Treks
- Wonderful experience mixture of nature & culture.
- Trek through the rural communities in Annapurna.
- Awesome experience and best views of Himalayas.
- The encounters with the friendly villagers.
Annapurna Dhaulagiri Community Trail Trek is a trek through the rural communities in Annapurna and Dhaulagiri Region staying in community lodges. Annapurna Dhaulagiri Community Trail Trek offers a fabulous experience with a mixture of nature and culture in abundance. The views from Khopra, the highest point of the trek (3650 meters) are almost as good (or even better) the views from Poon Hill. Besides, the encounters with the friendly villagers will make anyone want to come back again for sure! They say people come to Nepal for the mountains and return for the people. Anyone excited to acquire the awesome experience and best views of Himalayas, there is no doubt that the two high points Mohare and Khopra will fulfill it. An additional advantage: with its yak farm, Khopra Ridge is the only place in the Annapurnas where you can encounter yaks!
This “Off The Beaten Path” trek passes through Rhododendron forests with hidden Hindu temples and shrines around some small and serene lakes. Stumping views of slumping mountains are abundant in this Annapurna Dhaulagiri Community Trail Trek. Secondly, it offers an awesome opportunity to involve with Magar culture and traditions at yak farms, cheese mongers, local paper makers, forest nurseries or bhangra tailors.
Annapurna Dhaulagiri Community Trail Trek is recently opened up with the core purpose to enhance the local community’s life style in the collaboration of UNDP-MEDEP, NTB and TAAN. Six Magar villages of Myagdi and Parbat districts of Annapurna and Dhaulagiri Regions has contributed their joint effort to establish this trail. Annapurna Dhaulagiri Community Trail Trek was started with a slogan, “We want to share our land and heritage with you and whether you are looking for pure trekking, relaxed community-engagement or a combination of the two, we want to know you. We want you to know us.”
- Day 01: Arrive in Kathmandu. (1335 meters) .
A representative from Visit Himalaya Treks with the company’s display board will greet you outside the arrival terminal and transfer you to your Hotel. (Overnight at Hotel)
- Day 02: Sightseeing and Trek Preparation .
A half day guided tour to several of historical and spiritual attractions enlisted under the World Heritage Sites. The trek leader will meet the group for a meeting and provide a detailed briefing on the trek. All the required information regarding the trek would be provided. (Overnight at Hotel. Breakfast included)
- Day 03: Drive to Pokhara. (900 meters) .
We drive to Pokhara through Prithivi Highway on a private car. Pokhara is the lake city of the country and is less polluted and crowded compared to Kathmandu. Views of Annapurna range and the dominating figure of Machapuchhre (also known as Fishtail) (6997 meters) dominates both the sky and the beautiful Phewa Lake with its reflection in it. Afternoon can be enjoyed by the lake as the hotel is located near to the lake. (5-6 hours drive) (Overnight at Hotel. Breakfast included)
- Day 04: Pokhara Beni – Trek to Banskharka .
After breakfast drive to Beni from Pokhara which will takes about 4 hours by private car and trek to Banskharka at the community lodge over night. (Approximately 3 hours walk) (Accommodation, breakfast, Lunch, dinner included)
- Day 05: Trek Banskharka to Nangi .
After breakfast trek continue to Nagi approximately 5 to 6 hours over night at Community Lodge. (Accommodation, breakfast, Lunch, dinner included)
- Day 06: Trek Nangi to Mohare .
After breakfast trek to Mohare (approximately 5 hours overnight at Community lodge. (Accommodation, breakfast, Lunch, dinner included)
- Day 06: Trek Mohare to Dadakharka .
After breakfast trek to Dadakharkha (2850m) approximately 5 hours spectacular views of the Dhaulagiri from along the route overnight at Community Lodge. (Accommodation, breakfast, Lunch, dinner included)
- Day 08: Trek Dandakharka to Tikot .
After breakfast Trek to Tikot (2278m) approximately 6 hours overnight at Community Lodge. (Accommodation, breakfast, Lunch, dinner included)
- Day 09: Trek Tikot to Swanta .
After breakfast Trek to Swanta (2195m) approximately 5 hours overnight at community Lodge. (Accommodation, breakfast, Lunch, dinner included)
- Day 10: Trek Swanta to Upper Chistibung .
After breakfast trek to Upper Chistibung (2990m) approximately 4 hours overnight at community Lodge. (Accommodation, breakfast, Lunch, dinner included)
- Day 11: Trek Upper Chistibung to Khopra .
After breakfast Trek to Khopra (3650m) approximately 7 hours. One of the great day spectacular views of Dhaulagiri (8167m) (Annapurna South (7219m) Annapurna Fang (7647m) Nilgiri south (6839m).We will spent the night highest point of the trek 3650m overnight at Community lodge. (Accommodation, breakfast, Lunch, dinner included)
- Day 12: Exploration day .
After breakfast hike the direction of Mount Annapurna sough for the great views of Himalayan peaks. Spectacular views of Fishtail 6997m (Machhapuchhre), Huinchuli (6434m), Annapurna South (7219m), Annapurna Fang (7647m), Nilgiri south (6839m) on the north and Dhaulagiri (8167m), Tukuche peak (6920m), Dhampus Peak (6012m) in west, gradually brightens, providing one of the best panoramic views of these two mountain ranges. Overnight at Khopra (3650m). (Accommodation, breakfast, Lunch, dinner included)
- Day 13: Trek Khopra to Bayali Kharka .
After breakfast trek continue to Bayali Kharka (3450m) Super views of Annapurna South, Himchuli and Fishtail. Approximately 7 hours overnight at lodge. (Accommodation, breakfast, Lunch, dinner included)
- Day 14: Trek Bayali Kharka to Tadapani .
After breakfast trek continues to Tadapani (2590m) where we will joint Popular Ghorepani Poon hill trek’s trail over night at Lodge approximately 6 hours. (Accommodation, breakfast, Lunch, dinner included)
- Day 15: Trek Tadapani to Ghandruk .
After breakfast trek continue descending to one of the Eco Model Gurung village Ghandruk (1940m) approximately 3 hours overnight at Lodge. (Accommodation, breakfast, Lunch, dinner included)
- Day 16: Ghandruk to Pokhara .
After breakfast trek continues descending to Nayapul (approximately 4 hours and drive back to Pokhara over night at Pokhara Hotel. (Breakfast included)
- Day 17: Pokhara to Kathmandu .
After breakfast flight to Kathmandu approximately 30m transfer to Hotel afternoon free at Kathmandu Hotel (breakfast included
- Day 18: Departure .
A representative from Visit Himalaya Treks Pvt. Ltd. will check your flight tickets and transfer you to the airport before two hours from your flight with a hope of seeing you again in the future.
- Arrivals and departure transport by car (We will collect you from the Kathmandu international airport) and transfer to Hotel.
- Half day sightseeing in Kathmandu (Boudhanath and Pasupatinath) with city guide and necessary transport.
- 5 nights accommodation (2 persons per room) in Kathmandu and Pokhara in a 3* standard Hotel with breakfast.
- Kathmandu - Pokhara land transportation and all other land transportation (a private car).
- Pokhara - Kathmandu airfare including airport taxes.
- Accommodation and all meals (breakfast, lunch, dinner) while on trek in normal teahouses.
- Salary, insurance, food, accommodation for guides and porters.
- A porter to carry your luggage on treks (Per person 15 kilogram luggage).
- National Park entry fee and Trekkers Information Management System (TIMS).
- First Aid Kit.
- Government taxes and service charge.
- Nepal entry Visa Fee.
- Personal Travel Insurance (Compulsory)
- Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu and Pokhara.
- Entry fee at the sightseeing sites.
- Personal expenses like beverages (mineral water, alcohol, soft drinks), telephone bills, laundry, bar bills, personal tips etc.
The following checklist should help you with your packing. As a general rule, you should always try to keep the weight of your equipment to a minimum. The packed weight of your trek bag while trekking should be no more than 15 KG.
Trekking trousers / pants
Waterproof overtrousers / rainpants
Casual shirt and/or T-shirts
Fleece jacket or warm jumper/sweater
Warm and waterproof over gloves or mittens
Headtorch/Headlamp with spare bulb and batteries
Sun protection (including total bloc for lips, nose etc.)
Water bottles 1 L.
Sleeping bag 4 or 5 season * (rated down to – 20ºC)
Warm jacket (down)*
Small, personal first-aid kit. (Simple and light)
Aspirin, first-aid tape, and plasters (Band-Aids)
1 skin-blister repair kit
Cough and/or cold medicine
Anti-altitude sickness pills: Diamox or Acetylzolamide
Stomach antibiotic: Ciprofloxacin, etc. Do not bring sleeping pills as they are a respiratory depressant.
Water purification tablets or water filter
1 set of earplugs
Extra pair of prescription glasses, contact lens supplies.
Note: Walking pole, down jacket, sleeping bag, etc available on hire in Kathmandu or request we will provide it.
Trip cost will vary depending on numbers of travelers, duration/days of trek, standard of hotel in Kathmandu before & after the trip. Please contact us to GET a Custom Quote.
OUR COMMUNITY & SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY
Save Rural Nepal is Non-Governmental Organization without profit, funded by individuals across the globe, contributing positively to the societies that make up rural Nepal. We take a holistic approach to uplift communities where they need help; we take action through specific projects that involve earthquake recovery, children welfare & schools, skill building opportunities for women, and environmental awareness.
Read More About: Save Rural Nepal
Why Travel with Visit Himalaya Treks?
- Travel with Confidence with us.
- Team of destinations Experts.
- Over 60 % Repeat Customers, No any hidden cost.
- Customer Satisfaction, & 24 hours back support.
- Customized, Tailor-made itinerary & Price.
- Your safety is our concern.
- Booking & Payment Condition.